Sr Credit Analyst
Date Posted: Nov 28, 2017
Location: Calgary, AB
Rate Of Pay: $24.00 +/Hour
IS2 Workforce Solutions is currently seeking an experienced Senior Credit Analyst responsible to manage the daily/monthly functions to assigned credit departments and associates. It is an opportunity to join one of our reputable clients, in a temporary to permanent, full-time position. The candidate should be able to perform all necessary collection activities to ensure timely cash flow and minimize bad debt expense. This role assists the credit manager in establishing credit terms and limits that fit customer needs and conforms to corporate policy.
- Analyze, approve and establish credit limits for new customer accounts.
- Approve (or deny) and release orders on a timely basis that are on credit hold.
- Make collection calls on slow paying accounts to minimize bad debts and ensure corporate DSO projections are met.
- Maintain and annually review credit files on all customers and adjust credit limits accordingly.
- Directly supervises function of Collection Representative Positions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Act as the in charge credit manager during periods when credit manager is traveling or otherwise unavailable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field or an equivalent combination of experience and education. Professional certification from the Credit Institute of Canada would be considered a strong asset.
- CCP designation
- 5-7 years of Credit experience
- 5 years of Credit analysis and Collections experience
- Good analytical skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Proficient in computers including word processing, spreadsheets and relevant software packages.
Position requires light travel throughout Canada (approximately 5%).